Your daily look at late breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. IRAN INCHES AWAY FROM NUCLEAR DEAL
Tehran threatens to resume higher enrichment of uranium in 60 days if world powers fail to negotiate new terms for its 2015 nuclear deal.
2. STUDENTS KILL CLASSMATE, INJURE 8 AT COLORADO SCHOOL
Two high school students shot and killed a classmate and injured eight others at a charter school that is just miles from Columbine.
3. TRUMP PUTS DEAL-MAKING CREDENTIALS TO TEST
The president raises the already-high stakes of trade talks with China as he seeks to seal an agreement he can brandish on the campaign trail.
4. BARR FACING CONTEMPT VOTE IN CONGRESS
A House panel is moving ahead with a vote to hold the attorney general in contempt of Congress as negotiations stalled over the full, unredacted version of Mueller’s report.
5. SOUTH AFRICA VOTING AMID ISSUE OF CORRUPTION, UNEMPLOYMENT
The balloting comes 25 years after the end of apartheid, but despite the end of racial discrimination the country remains divided by economic inequality.
6. UBER, LYFT DRIVERS PLAN STRIKE
Drivers for the ride-hailing giants are planning to turn off their apps in major U.S. cities to protest what they say are declining wages.
7. ELECTRONIC IMPLANTS STUDIED FOR DRUG ADDICTION TREATMENT
Doctors in China are testing deep brain stimulation devices to treat drug addiction and a clinical trial for opioid addicts has just been approved in West Virginia, AP learns.
8. WHERE CALIFORNIA POT MARKET IS LACKING
The multimillion-dollar computer system designed to monitor the state’s legal marijuana market is falling short of its intended goal, AP finds.
9. FTC UNDER SCRUTINY AS THEY LOOK TO PUNISH FACEBOOK
Federal privacy regulators are negotiating a record fine with the social network to punish it for alleged violations of users’ privacy.
10. CUBS INVESTIGATING FAN’S ‘OFFENSIVE’ HAND GESTURE
The team says the fan used what appeared to be an offensive hand gesture associated with racism behind an on-air black TV reporter, former major leaguer Doug Glanville.
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.